Is your home feeling a little cramped? If so, there are many relatively inexpensive ways to free up more space. Here are some ideas:
- Converttraditionalintonon-traditionalspace.We’reallfamiliarwith converting a spare bedroom into a home office or kids’ playroom. You can also create space by finding other uses for pantries and walk-in closets.
- Exploresmartstoragesolutions.Therearemanyproductsonthe market that revolutionize how you store things. For example, there are closet organizers available that double storage capacity. Check out the options at your local home improvement store.
- Getridofunneededfurnishings.Isthereachairnooneeveruses?Is there a side table that takes up a lot of space, with nothing but a few knick-knacks on it? Consider selling these items to free up some space.
- Thinkhigh.Installstorageshelves,hangersorbasketshighupinthe kitchen and laundry room. Use that storage for items you only access infrequently.
- Considerstoragerental.Ifyouhavefurnishingsandotheritemsthat you don’t want to get rid of, consider renting a storage unit. There may be economical options in your area.
With a little creative thinking, you’ll be amazed by how much space you can create within your existing rooms.