Open House: 104 Royal Beech Drive Wasaga Beach
Sunday October 28th.
2pm to 4pm
CLICH HERE for full details.
Digital Story Book:
All Brick St Lucia Model: Over 2,000 sq ft On Main Floor
Excellent value near Blueberry Trails. Open plan living with circular oak staircase lead leading to family room with cathedral ceiling, kitchen with dining nook with door to deck plus separate oversized formal dining room. Large master suite has walk in closet and door to deck. 2 further bedrooms on the main floor.. Unfinished basement with 9'+ ceilings, rough in bathroom and walk out to patio. Huge storage area under stairs. Fully fenced treed back yard. Sprinkler system, alarm and central air.
Sunday September 30th 2018
1pm to 3pm
Affordable Adult Lifestyle Community Of Hometown
New price $109,900
CLICK HERE for full listing details of 24 Shaw Street Wasaga Beach
Saturday 22nd September 2018
1pm to 3pm
31 Fawndale Crescent, Wasaga Beach, On L9Z 2B3
- Over 2,100 sq ft on main floor.
- Fully finished basement.
- Triple heated garage with extended bay.
CLICK HERE for full listing details.
September 13th to 16th 2018
Multiple Wasaga Beach Venues
Now in it’s 8th year the Wasaga Beach Blues Festival has grown to include several venues and acts. Still concentrated Saturday and Sunday on 2 main stages at Stonebridge Town Centre but now featuring a whole host of bars and restaurants including The Beach Bar, Boston Pizza, St Louis Bar and Grill & of course The Beacon
There are over 20 acts to be enjoyed.
Tickets for the Stonebridge shows are still available at advanced pricing.
CLICK HERE for full details.
Is your home feeling a little cramped? If so, there are many relatively inexpensive ways to free up more space. Here are some ideas:
- Converttraditionalintonon-traditionalspace.We’reallfamiliarwith converting a spare bedroom into a home office or kids’ playroom. You can also create space by finding other uses for pantries and walk-in closets.
- Exploresmartstoragesolutions.Therearemanyproductsonthe market that revolutionize how you store things. For example, there are closet organizers available that double storage capacity. Check out the options at your local home improvement store.
- Getridofunneededfurnishings.Isthereachairnooneeveruses?Is there a side table that takes up a lot of space, with nothing but a few knick-knacks on it? Consider selling these items to free up some space.
- Thinkhigh.Installstorageshelves,hangersorbasketshighupinthe kitchen and laundry room. Use that storage for items you only access infrequently.
- Considerstoragerental.Ifyouhavefurnishingsandotheritemsthat you don’t want to get rid of, consider renting a storage unit. There may be economical options in your area.
With a little creative thinking, you’ll be amazed by how much space you can create within your existing rooms.
Less Homes Sold But Prices Up
To quote Douglas Adams “We live in strange times.”
I bet you never thought the author of “The Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy” would ever be quoted on a Wasaga Beach Real Estate web site
Home sales are down significantly on 2017 and even more so than 2016.
For the first 8 months of the year:
2016 486 homes sold.
2017 396 homes sold.
2018 268 homes sold.
HOWEVER the 12 month average price continues to rise.
The Wasaga Beach real estate market continues to support a modest steady growth throughout 2018. In the month of August the average sales price increased +0.84% to $453,145. This amount estimates the more commonly quoted year over year average to be currently +4.75% as we entered the month of September (August 2017 $432,584 VS August 2018 $453,145).
The largest number of reported sales within the month of August was within a price range of $425,000 to $550,000. However homes priced between $600,000 and $750,000 continue to be challenged with significantly less than average sales in 2018 (down -58% YTD).
Within the month of August there was a total of 37 residential single detached homes sold with an average days on market (DOM) of 37 to complete a reported firm sale. The average DOM was down -18% from July 2018. Within the 37 reported sales the average list to sale ratio is currently 97.75% of asking price.
Year to date there has been a total of 268 homes sold within Wasaga Beach (freehold ownership). This amount is down -30.37% from August 2017 total of 396 homes sold. In comparison unit sales (the amount of homes sold) have been consistently down in each 2018 calendar month from 2017. However the largest month decreases were in the first quarter of the year and summer months were almost comparable to 2017. The month of July was down 8 home sales and August down only 4 home sales which is a potential sign the fall market could become more consistent with seasonal averages at we approach the forth quarter.
Adjusting inventory within Wasaga Beach remained consistent throughout the summer months with approximately 4.38 months of supply at this time.
Bottom line we are moving towards a Buyers market.