Great Landlords Can Make Great Tenants
Tenants are like gold; they pay your mortgage, they give you cash each month; they build your retirement fund. The positives go on.
Good tenants are worth even more.
How a landlord acts often reflects the how the tenant acts.
Here are tips to help you be a great landlord:
- Leave a welcome note with your full contact details even if they already have them. Let the tenant know to contact you with any questions or problems.
- Leave a welcome pack with information about the area.
- Contact your new tenants one month after they have moved in to check everything is ok. Follow up with a visit in the second month to answer any questions and also check the home out.
- Always give 24 hours notice when you want to inspect the home. Quarterly visits should be more than enough. Maybe arrange to change the furnace filter every three months and the smoke alarm batteries avery 6 months.
- If the lease is renewed for another year, “reward” the tenants with a professional carpet clean or similar.
- Always deal with repairs with in 24 hours notice.
- Make sure the tenant can contact you quickly in case of any problems; is phone, email or text best for the tenant?
- Send a gift card at Christmas.
Image courtesy of vectorolie at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
1 Market Lane Wasaga Beach, On, L9Z 0B6 Canada
[email protected] • 705 441 3179
The Beach From Above
Non Stop Corvette’s
Catch 22 in Wasaga Beach was a prime spot to watch the Corvette’s on Mosley Street.
It is also a very fine place to dine any day of the week Check out the menu here.
Spacious, 4 bedroom home located in the highly desirable Ann Arbour development.
24 Red Pine Crescent Wasaga Beach
MLS# 1551995 $369,000
- Great location, walk to the beach, Tim’s, medical centre, Superstore and LCBO.
- Bright with 9′ ceilings and hardwood on the main floor.
- Huge master bedroom; ensuite with soaker tub & separate shower and walk out to deck.
- High end finished basement with large rec room pre wired for home theatre.
- Highly efficient and economic “Rinnai” owned tankless water heater and hydronic air handler; average gas bill only $86 monthly.
- 2 decks and private patio.
Average 12 Month Price In Wasaga Beach Over $300,000
With 60 homes selling, Wasaga Beach has now had 3 consecutive months of higher sales than any month since I became a REALTOR® in June 2008.
All other figures confirm that the real estate market in Wasaga Beach is busier than at any time since the last recession. SALE PRICES ARE FOLLOWING SUIT AND INCREASING. There has ben a 7% increase in the average price over the last 12 months.
August is historically a quieter month before sales pick up again in September and October. We shall see what this year brings.
The key figures for July in Wasaga Beach are below.
They should be studied if buying or selling a home and discussed with your REALTOR®.
Key figures for July:
6o homes sold.
85 new listings.
Sales to listing ratio 71%
96.74%% of listing price achieved.
Average days on market 70.
Year To Date:
335 homes sold.
626 new listings.
Sales to listing ratio 54%
97.27% of listing price achieved.
Average days on market 62.
Average Sale Price July 2104 -July 2015 $302,951.
Average Sale Price July 2013 -July 2014 $284,340.
The above statistical results are from the MLS® System of the South Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® for the sale of single family homes.
Image courtesy of ddpavumba at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Ideal Family Home On Over 1/2 An Acre In Wasaga Sands
$449,000 MLS# 1550820
- Set amongst a development of similar executive houses and walking distance to McIntyre Creek and Trails.
- With 3 bedrooms on the main floor plus open plan upgraded kitchen/family room and separate dining room there is a space for everyone.
- Tastefully decorated with 9` ceilings and hardwood floors.
- Homes have sold on this street for over $600,000
Sunshine, Wasaga Beach & Music
What More Could You Want
Wasaga Beach provides a perfect back drop to a summer sound.
1st Ever Wasaga Beach Street Circus
August 1st & 2nd Main Street
F-series Truck Rally
August 1st Playland Park Square, 45 Beach Drive
“Wasaga Beach is about to experience 2 days of incredible street performances by some of the world’s best Buskers! From spectacular juggling to daring acrobatics to comedy to music to mime to magic to a fabulous fire show at end of the night…You won’t believe your eyes! Bring the kids – inflatables, balloon characters, face painting and special shows just for them. Admission is free.”
On the Saturday visit the F-Series Truck Rally as well where owners of Ford F-series pick-up trucks for a day to show off their vehicles and trade tips and tricks.
Insulated Concrete Forming Wall Construction
2014 Average Monthly Hydro and Gas Combined $151.00
$579,000 MLS# 1549518
- CMHC-Builder Registered `Healthy Homes For Canada Program.`
- Open plan living for families or a couple with 3 bedrooms on the main floor.
- Living/dining room, family room.
- Hardwood throughout, cathedral ceilings, custom made kitchen with concrete counter tops.
- Walk out to covered deck.
- Fully finished basement with huge rec room, 2 more bedrooms and bathroom.
- Fully insulated and heated oversized double garage with workshop area.
Yes The King Is Back In Collingwood This Weekend
Thursday July 23rd to Sunday July 26th
1995 saw the first festival and now Collingwood hosts the 2nd biggest Elvis Festival in the world after Las Vegas.
With a schedule involving 100’s of Elvis’s and dozens of venues there is something for everyone.
One word sums up the whole atmosphere “FUN”
Whether you just want to wander around and soak in the ambience or plan a more detailed approach for specific artists the click here for the “2015 Schedule and Venue Guide.”