More Home Sales In June Than Any Other Month In 2014
Significantly the “Sales to Listing” ratio was up to 59%. This increased that statistic for the year to 34% from May’s 30%. Finally (just) over 1 in 3 listings have sold in Wasaga Beach this year.
If the trend continues during July and August then the figures for 2014 should be very healthy compared to previous years.
Equally pleasing the 12 month average price has increased over $13,000 from the 2013 figure. This is the largest increase for several years.
The key figures for June in Wasaga Beach are below.
They should be studied if buying or selling a home and discussed with your REALTOR®.
Key figures for June:
56 homes sold.
95 new listings.
Sales to listing ratio 59%
96.25% of listing price achieved.
Average days on market 52
Average Sale Price June 2103 -June 2014 $285,065.
Average Sale Price June 2012 – June 2013 $$271,975.
Year To Date:
212 homes sold.
624 new listings.
Sales to listing ratio 34%
97.05% of listing price achieved.
Average days on market 60.
Image courtesy of jannoon028 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The above statistical results are from the MLS® System of the South Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® for the sale of single family homes.
1 Market Lane Wasaga Beach, On, L9Z 0B6 Canada
[email protected] • 705 441 3179
Tuesdays From July 8th to August 26th; 7pm to 9pm
Wasaga Beach RecPlex
It’s always a sure sign that the warm weather is here when the Free concerts start on Tuesday at the Wasaga Beach RecPlex at 1724 Mosley Street.
“Stir It Up’ kicks this season off tomorrow. Bring a chair and some cash if you want for the 50/50 draw
Open House: 6 Brandy Lane Drive #201, Collingwood
Saturday & Sunday July 12th & 13th
Noon to 2pm
Plenty of time to visit this modern cottage and enjoys the views before watching the World Cup Final
- Rarely available 1,285 sq ft end unit at below builders pricing.
- Lots of windows in this 3 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in the Wyldewood community.
- Entertain, dine and relax in the Great Room whilst enjoying panoramic view of the Blue Mountains and the outdoor pool from 2 adjoining balconies.
- Over $15,000 of upgrades.
- Eco-engineered laminate flooring throughout the Great Room and main hall.
- Glass shower, brick gas fireplace, granite kitchen, stainless steel appliances, screen doors, pot lights, gas BBQ hook up.
- Locker and parking space.
- Condo facilities include in ground pool.
- Minutes to skiing at Blue Mountain, Georgian Bay and trails.
The End To A Perfect July 1st
Wasaga Beach Canada Day celebrations went on all day at Stonebridge and Festival Square.
Enrique PhotoArt has always captured the fireworks as the day ended.
“An Expression of Culinary Delights”
Chef Bob July 2014
Well if that doesn’t entice you to visit “Catch 22 Fresh Market Grill” here in Wasaga Beach , I’m not sure what will.
Many residents already know that Catch 22 is one of the best restaurants in town and were extremely pleased when Chef Bob moved here from Collingwood.
In the last few years the options for eating out in Wasaga Beach have grown considerably. From a quick inexpensive bite to a meal to rival any large city restaurant, all tastes (and wallets) are catered for. Catch 22 is one of the best in town for lunch and dinner.
Turn towards the beach at the Riverbend Plaza traffic lights and head down Mosley Street; you will find Catch 22 Fresh Market Grill is on your left.
Chef Bob was a bit nervous so to confirm opening times:
Lunch Tuesday to Friday 11.30am to 2.30pm.
Dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5pm to close.
Don’t Let Today’s Decisions Haunt You When You Do Decide To Sell
- Choosing Hard To Clean Surfaces.
- Neglecting Hardwood Floors.
- Haphazard landscaping.
- Outrageous outside paint colours.
- Outrageous inside paint colours.
- Keeping old appliances.
- Installing an A/C unit that is not powerful enough.
Image courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The Weather Looks Good So Enjoy The Local Fireworks
Wasaga Beach Area 2. About 10pm. Walk west from Beach Area 1 and bring a chair.
Collingwood: ”Fireworks at dark.” Best viewing is from the Amphitheatre and along the Waterfront Promenade.
Blue Mountain: Fireworks over the Mountain at 10.15.
Photo courtesy of Enrique PhotoArt at mywasagabeach.com
Celebrate Canada Day In Wasaga Beach From 8.30am to 10pm
Open House This Weekend
18 Berkshire Avenue Wasaga Beach
Saturday & Sunday June 28th & 29th
1pm to 3pm
“Golf Course Living”
Backing on to the 18th Fairway at the latest development in Wasaga Beach: “New England Village.”
- Master suite with double vanity units plus 2 more bedrooms.
- Finished loft with 3 piece bathroom and media room.
- Oak floors in family room and oak stairs up and down.
- Energy Star Certified.
- R/I Central Vac.
- Over $30k in upgrades.
- Premium lot $18,000.
For Sale: 13 Britton Court, Wasaga Beach